AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Game Designer
We are looking for Senior Game Designers to join the Words Casual game team in our Toronto game studio. You will be working on a family of games that are played by millions of players on a daily basis. Come join us!
You’ll find a dynamic and engaging culture with great perks (free lunches, gym membership, subsidized commuting to/from the office using public transit, offsite events).
- Work collaboratively with other designers and cross-functionally with UX, engineering, and product management on the design of new games from concept through production.
- Create and own the implementation of fun, engaging systems and features, develop and iterate on the core loo, and model a balanced game economy.
- Understand the player and voice the player’s emotional experience with the game, approaching game design by putting the player first.
- Create clear and complete game design documentation for game content and features.
- Assess and apply qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve game engagement, monetization, and retention.
- Minimum 4 years experience in mobile game design, including at least 2 years on a game in live ops
- Experience creating game mechanics, features, and content designed to appeal to a casual audience
- Solid understanding of basic economy balance and tuning
- Experience writing clear and concise game design documentation, specs, user flows, and feature documentation
- Strong knowledge of free-to-play games in general, and the brain puzzle genre specifically
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills; ability to identify and solve key problems creatively with minimal guidance
- Unity and white box prototyping experience a plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Game Design & Production
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time