AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Engineer – Star Wars IP
We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer with passion and experience in building original games to join us in the creation of a brand new AAA-quality Star Wars shooter for mobile platforms.
Your high personal standards reflect your ability to deliver robust, efficient, exciting experiences that you and your team are proud of. You communicate clearly and effectively, advocate for positive actions and listen respectfully to others’ points of view. You are comfortable working on challenges of different sizes and complexity, with the skillset and resourcefulness to drive them to completion.
This is a rare and unique opportunity as a key, senior member of a landmark game which will help define the future of mobile gaming.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Architect and implement new gameplay systems and features.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers.
- Create and maintain tools and workflows that improve engineering and design productivity.
- Iterate on existing features and systems to improve game-feel, performance, and stability.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience as an engineer shipping games in a commercial environment.
- Production-to-Live experience of a game development project.
- Excellent C++.
- Expertise with UE4, particularly with gameplay related systems.
- Experience with networked games using a client/server architecture.
- Solid architecture, system design, and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and energetic teammate with a cooperative mindset.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including designers, artists, QA and other developers.
- Knowledge of software engineering/architecture and design patterns.
- Strong curiosity and acumen in game design principles and theories.
- Passionate about game development and the future of the medium.
- Shipping experience on non-mobile platforms (Windows, Switch, PS4, Xbox One).
- AAA-level game project credits.
- Live game experience, supporting content updates and developing new features.
- Shooter and/or Action game development experience.
- Excellent 3D math skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom