AVAILABLE POSITIONS Game Designer
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2019, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz for the second year running. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
Our London Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. The team loves welcoming credible talent full of Professional Pride; Ambition; and Humility, who want to do the best work of their career.
We are seeking a Game Designer to join our newly-formed Midlands Racing studio becoming a part of a talented, multi-discipline design team that will take the NM Racing studio to new heights.
You will be responsible for designing features and systems that will delight our players and keep them engaged in the game for as long as possible by continuing to iterate on them once they are in the live game to make them even better.
Working within a multi-discipline feature teams, you will be responsible for concepting, documenting, helping to develop, playtesting and live-operating features to take them from high-level ideas to fully-developed and iterated features that are enjoyed by millions of players.
As a Game Designer, you will be a member of the new Midlands Racing studio.
You will be responsible for:
- Design Documentation: You will be responsible for writing design documents that take an idea or feature from a high-level, One Pager overview, through to a Full Specification that is a comprehensive guide to every aspect of the feature.
- User Stories: You will be comfortable working alongside your Producer and Feature Team to create clear user stories, based on your full design, that allow the feature to be developed as efficiently and as flexibly as possible.
- Playtesting: You will play a key role in running playtest sessions both in your team as well as, potentially, externally, observing player behaviour and respodsing to feedback across the design process to make sure your feature is as polished and performant as possible.
- Live Game Design: You will be required to iterate, deepen and evolve your designs once they are released in the live game, using data, player feedback and other sources to continue to elevate the level of execution and appeal to players in a seamless and well-communicated way.
- Clear, Open-Minded Communication: Using software such as Confluence, Slack and Email as well as being in both virtual and face-to-face meetings, you will be expected to communicate clearly, tailoring your approach to meet the needs of different disciplines and groups and also being thoughtful and respectful to the communication styles of your colleagues.
- Representing the Players’ Needs: You will be designing content and features that will be enjoyed by millions of players, and will constantly be seeking to help your team to enhance the game experience that is loved by our loyal and devoted players.
- Cross-Discipline Collaboration: Working with other disciplines, particularly Art and UX, as well as Product Management and Data Science to collaborate on emerging opportunities in the game that can be capitalised on.
- Emotional Intelligence: You will be a confident, independent worker that is able to quickly integrate yourself into a large, multi-cultural team.
- Design Acumen: Knowledge about both mobile and console games and the key design trends and opportunities that will shape the industry in the future.
- Live Operations: You will have demonstrated knowledge in thinking about best-practice Live Operations and Games as a Service approaches, which deliver vibrant, performant content week after week.
- Genre Knowledge: A demonstrable interest in cars and racing games.
- Communication: An elegant, straightforward and confident communicator.
- Gaming Passion: Real passion for gaming, especially mobile. You can speak with assuredness about what make games special and where opportunities are to deliver fantastic player experiences.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays.
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Game Design & Production
Careers location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time